Reach your greatest potential.
Why Rowan Community Music School?
- Study with exceptional Rowan University faculty members and outstanding local musicians.
Receive invitations to exclusive Rowan Community Music School events and concerts.
- Ease of convenience of high-quality virtual instruction!
- Take advantage of free tickets to many Rowan University ensemble concerts virtual and in person.
- Enjoy discount packages when you combine private lessons and ensembles.
- Use Rowan University's music facilities which include all Steinway pianos, Boyd Recital Hall, and the newly renovated Pfleeger Concert Hall.
- Perform in two recitals a year in Boyd Recital Hall.
- Rowan CMS is a NASM accredited institution.
The Rowan Community Music School believes that community-based music…
- provides a challenging and nurturing environment that helps students of all backgrounds reach their greatest potential.
- is dedicated to excellent instruction and performance.
- prepares students for continued music study.
- instills the love for music both as a practitioner and a consumer.
An Introduction to Rowan Community Music School
We are excited to share all of the exciting programs coming this year! Watch our NEW promotional video to see all that Rowan Community Music School has to offer!
Make Music with Us at Rowan CMS
Financial AidLearn More
Upcoming EventsLearn More
Music Therapy & Adaptive Music Lessons
Go on a musical journey with Dr. Lynn Gumert, in which you will work to improve your quality of life, respond to your physical, emotional, cognitive, and social needs, and build your musical confidence through music therapy sessions and adaptive music lessons.
2022-2023 Program Brochure
Our 2022-2023 Program Brochure is now downloadable & printable!
Partner Programs and Summer Programs!
Partner Programs & Rowan University Ensembles
The Rowan Community Music School is proud to partner with the Rowan Early Childhood Demonstration Center (Preschool), the Greater south Jersey Chorus and Glassboro Fine & Performing Arts Academy. We are also proud to offer Rowan University ensembles for community adults and college age and above.
In addition to private lessons, Rowan Community Music School offers a few summer exclusives! We are proud to offer a new youth band for middle school aged students this summer 2022 (RYWE Summer Band)! Join us for Summer Music Camps this July: Band, Vocal, String, Composition, Jazz and Music Technology/Business Camps! Visit: go.rowan.edu/musiccamp for more information! Come make music with us this summer!
Find out about Rowan CMS' educational partnerships and school assemblies!
Rowan CMS offers annual corporate sponsorship opportunities that will include maximum visibility through recognition at our concerts, on our website, in our regular newsletter, on our promotional items, and at our community events!
Congrats to Christopher Shin!
A Hearty Congratulations to Christopher Shin, a Rowan CMS piano student of Veda Zuponcic, and a student at Cherry Hill, East High School continues his extraordinary high school career by winning first place in the NJMTA Young Artists Competition on October 23, 2022! He also won the NJMTA High School Scholarship award of $2500 at the competition held at Rowan on October 30, 2022. Christopher was the National MTNA second place winner in March 2022. View his biography: go.rowan.edu/shin
Want to find a new teacher? Like 1 or more of our teachers? New to taking lessons? If you have answered any of these questions with a 'yes' - consider taking a trial lesson this spring semester!! (30, 45, and 60-minute lesson lengths available). All trial lessons are paid trial lessons.