Why Rowan Community Music School?
- Study with exceptional Rowan University faculty members and outstanding local musicians.
Receive invitations to exclusive Rowan Community Music School events and concerts.
- Ease of convenience of high-quality virtual instruction!
- Take advantage of free tickets to many Rowan University ensemble concerts virtual and in person.
- Enjoy discount packages when you combine private lessons and ensembles.
- Use Rowan University's music facilities which include all Steinway pianos, Boyd Recital Hall, and the newly renovated Pfleeger Concert Hall.
- Perform in two recitals a year in Boyd Recital Hall.
- Rowan CMS is a NASM accredited institution.
The Rowan Community Music School believes that community-based music…
- provides a challenging and nurturing environment that helps students of all backgrounds reach their greatest potential.
- is dedicated to excellent instruction and performance.
- prepares students for continued music study.
- instills the love for music both as a practitioner and a consumer.
An Introduction to Rowan Community Music School
We are excited to share all of the exciting programs coming this year! Watch our NEW promotional video to see all that Rowan Community Music School has to offer!
Make Music with Us at Rowan CMS
Partner Programs and Summer Programs!
Partner Programs & Rowan University Ensembles
The Rowan Community Music School is proud to partner with the Rowan Early Childhood Demonstration Center (Preschool), the Greater south Jersey Chorus and Glassboro Fine & Performing Arts Academy. We are also proud to offer Rowan University ensembles for community adults and college age and above.
In addition to private lessons, Rowan Community Music School offers a few summer exclusives! We are proud to offer a new youth band for middle school aged students this summer 2022 (RYWE Summer Band)! Join us for Summer Music Camps this July: Band, Vocal, String, Composition, Jazz and Music Technology/Business Camps! Visit: go.rowan.edu/musiccamp for more information! Come make music with us this summer!
Find out about Rowan CMS' educational partnerships and school assemblies!
Rowan CMS offers annual corporate sponsorship opportunities that will include maximum visibility through recognition at our concerts, on our website, in our regular newsletter, on our promotional items, and at our community events!
Congrats to Christopher Shin!
A Hearty Congratulations to Rowan CMS piano student, Christopher Shin, for winning First Place at the Chopin International Piano Competition held in Hartford, CT in 2021 and won Second Prize in the 2022 MTNA-Yamaha National Senior Piano Performance Competition! Christopher is a student of Professor Veda Zuponcic. View his bio at go.rowan.edu/shin
Want to find a new teacher? Like 1 or more of our teachers? New to taking lessons? If you have answered any of these questions with a 'yes' - consider taking a trial lesson this spring semester!! (30, 45, and 60-minute lesson lengths available). All trial lessons are paid trial lessons.
Humanizing Musicians, Artists, Dancers, Actors Project 2021
Learn about the personal career journeys of some of Rowan's finest community members and faculty, in which we aimed to have each interviewee answer the following questions: How did you get your start? What mentalities got you through challenges to get where you are today? What advice would you give to a young, aspiring student looking to do what you do?