Artistic Director, Rowan New Horizons Choir
Application Deadline 12/15
The Rowan Community Music school is searching for an Artistic Director to lead our newest ensemble, New Horizons Choir. The New Horizons Choir is a community choir specifically designed to meet the needs of the 55 and over community.
This is a part-time position for the Spring 2024 Semester, with the possibility of renewal afterward.
Application: Email as PDF attachments to Dr. Steve Goldeck, Director of Rowan Community Music School (email@example.com)
- Current Resume or CV
- A sample program consisting of 30 minutes of music
- Develop and execute artistic plans for the New Horizons Choir.
- Guide the choice of repertoire/activities and collaborate with guest artists/speakers/groups
- Determine seating and part assignments.
- Conduct and plan weekly rehearsals
- Plan and direct recruitment efforts in collaboration with the Rowan University and Rowan Community Music School faculty and staff.
- Assist with fundraising events and promotional opportunities, and coordinate social media announcements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in conducting and working with choirs, with a preference toward candidates with experience leading adult community choirs.
- Knowledge of choral repertoire and ability to select appropriate repertoire commensurate with the ability level of the group
- Available for the weekly rehearsal time: Saturday mornings 10:45am-12:45pm
- Strong organization, leadership and communication skills.
Compensation: $2,500 for the Spring 24 semester