American Popular Song Lecture Series
In this series, Dr. Robert Rawlins, professor and musicologist, will explore the composers and songs of the golden era of American Popular Song. Each of these four lectures will explore a decade of music, beginning with the 1920s, highlighting the notable songs of the period and the composers who wrote them. Each lecture is 1 hour.
- Presenter: Dr. Robert Rawlins, Rowan University Music Theory Professor & Music Department Chair
- October 20, 2021: The 1920s and the Jazz Age, 7:00 p.m.
- November 17, 2021: The 1930s and the Movie Musical, 7:00 p.m.
- March 9, 2022: The 1940s and the Big Band Era, 7:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
- April 6, 2022: The 1950s and the Crooners, 6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Location: Boyd Recital Hall and Virtual
- Please be advised all campus visitors must continue to follow the most up-to-date Rowan University campus visitor policies, which can be found here.